Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Little Dress Shop

I went to a post Day of the Dead event in Claremont California this weekend, and met the owner of a little boutique situated in Claremont's Old Town area.  The Little Dress Shop is owned by a dear friend of my Aunt's...a woman named Marsha Valencia.  In conversation, I learned that she has an object I created a few years back on the altar inside of her store.  As a Christmas gift for my Aunt one year, I had dipped a Corona beer bottle into latex paint and, once dry, I carved out an image of La Virgen De Guadalupe with a sharp needle.  My Aunt eventually passed this bottle on to her friend Marsha (fabulous!), and now it lives on top of her altar...surrounded by objects of beauty and spiritual significance.  If you're in the area, you should stop in this cute little boutique and treat yourself to something unique...!

No comments:

Post a Comment